Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'll miss you mom

This past June, my mom lost her battle with cancer.

I feel lost without her, and found going back to the shop extremely difficult.  As long as I can remember, my mom & I have shared a love of stitching, and Gitta's was our shared expression of this love.
She was my best friend and there will never be a day that she won't be on my mind.
I have many wonderful memories that I hold dear to my heart, and this one is one of my favourite photos of the 2 of us.  It was taken in 1978 during a family outing on the 30,000 Island boat tour in Parry Sound, Ontario.

I love you mom, and miss you every day.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. My thoughts are with you and know that it will get easier with time. She will live on in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom passed a year ago August 4th, I miss her dearly every day, but memories are always with us and it does get easier. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As difficult as it is right now, it will get easier to cope with the loss of your mother. She will never truly be gone though for she lives on in you and your children. Continuing her legacy is the greatest gift you could give her, in return for the millions of things she has given you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know our thoughts & prayers are with you. Sandy & Chet

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful photo and writing. This post must have been very difficult for you to write. Thankfully our memories remain with us - nobody can take that away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think so many of us are still stunned to hear of your mother's passing. We all lost someone who was such a fixture in the needlework world. I cannot possibly imagine the pain and emptiness of losing someone you learned from, worked with, shared a passion and dream with. She was a mentor to so many. As hard as it may be now, she would want you to carry on the gift you both shared. It keeps her memory alive in everyone's heart. When you share that with others, it comes back to you threefold. The love and prayers of so many stitchers are with you. May it bring you some ease...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kathrin my heart breaks for you. Be strong and remember your mom always! My thoughts are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss my mum too....heartfelt thoughts to you Kathrin xxx

    ReplyDelete